(Manager’s Preliminary Recommendation)
(Approving the Application)
A RESOLUTION APPROVING AN APPLICATION FOR A MASTER LAND USE PLAN MODIFICATION FOR THE MEADOWMONT DEVELOPMENT (File No. 52..384)
BE IT RESOLVED by the Council of the Town of Chapel Hill that it finds that the Master Land Use Plan Modification application, proposed by Castalia Group, LLC, on property identified as Chapel Hill Township Tax Map 52, Lot 384, if developed according to the site plan dated April 1, 2005 (revised September 9, 2005, February 6, 2006, and March 30, 2006) and with the conditions listed below would:
1. Be located, designed, and proposed to be operated so as to maintain or promote the public health, safety, and general welfare;
2. Be located, designed, and proposed to be operated so as to maintain or enhance the value of contiguous property, or that the use or development is a public necessity; and
3. Conform with the general plans for the physical development of the Town as embodied in the Land Use Management Ordinance and the Comprehensive Plan.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Town Council hereby approves the application for the Master Land Use Plan Modification for the Meadowmont development in accordance with the plans listed above and with the conditions listed below:
1. Application Deadline: That an application for a Special Use Permit for the Castalia at Meadowmont proposal be accepted and approved by the Council by (two years from the date of Council approval of the Master Land Use Plan), or the above Master Land Use Plan Modification shall automatically expire.
2. Land Use Intensity: That this Master Land Use Plan Modification approves:
a) A maximum floor area of 76,000 square feet including 52,000 square feet of office floor area and 24,000 square feet of residential floor area for the Castalia at Meadowmont site; and
b) A maximum of 11 dwelling units.
That in case of conflict between the Land Use Management Ordinance regulations regarding maximum land use intensity and the developer’s proposal; the Land Use Management Ordinance shall supersede the developer’s proposal.
3. Mixed Use Office/Residential Floor Area Ratio: That at least 60 percent but not more than 85 percent of the floor area for this proposed development in the Mixed Use-Residential-1 (MU-R-1) zoning district must be devoted to office space. Residential floor areas are the permitted uses which would make up the remaining percentage.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Town Council hereby approves the application for a Master Land Use Plan Modification for the Meadowmont Development in accordance with the plans and conditions listed above.
This the ______day of __________, 2006.