The Commission voted unanimously (5-0) to recommend that the Council adopt the
proposed changes to the Land Use Management Ordinance with the following
- Section 5.5.1: Insert language requiring Greenways
Commission review if a development is located on or adjacent to a planned
- In Section 5.5.2(b)(2), Section 5.5.2(e)(3), and Section
5.5.2(g): Replace the words “Concept Plan” with “conceptual plan”.
- In Section 5.5.2(b)(3): Replace the first sentence with the
Active Recreation areas and recreation spaces
shall be conveniently accessible to all residents of the subdivision and,
other than greenway pedestrian and non-motorized vehicle easements, shall
have at least fifty (50) feet of frontage on at least one public street
within the subdivision.
- Section 5.5.2(d)(3): Insert the word “greenway” in the
list of items for which payments in lieu can be used.
- Section 5.5.2(e)(1): Retain the exemption, but remove the
- Section 5.5.2(h): Insert the word “greenway” in the list
of items for which payments in lieu can be used.
- Definitions, Recreation Space: Add “Paved Greenway Trails”
as an example of Recreation Space.
- Definitions, Recreation Space: Add “Unpaved Greenway
Trails of a length that provides a meaningful recreation experience.
Generally 3,000 linear feet or longer.” as an example of Recreation Space.
These recommendations are intended to strengthen the Town’s
ability to provide for greenways through the recreation and payments in lieu
provisions of the Town’s Land Use Management Ordinance.
Present: Glenn Parks (Chair), Jim
Earnhardt (Vice Chair) Christine Berndt, Mary Ann Freedman, and Sherry Graham.
A quorum was present. Absent: Mary Blake