Notice to people with impaired hearing: Interpreter
services and/or special equipment are available with five days
Notice to citizens who wish to speak: As a courtesy to
others, a citizen speaking on an agenda item or making a
petition is normally limited to three minutes. Persons who are
organizing a group presentation and who wish to speak beyond
the three minute limit are requested to make prior arrangements
through the Mayor’s Office by calling 968-2714. If you wish to
address the Council this evening, please go to the front right
corner of the Council Chamber and sign up with the Town Clerk.
Please note the estimated times allotted for agenda items are
only estimates. The Council may also change the order in which
agenda items are presented.
Agenda items for review: Agenda items are available on
the Town’s web site, www.townofchapelhill.org,
by 12 noon on Friday before a Council meeting. Citizens may
request copies of agenda items in the Town Clerk’s Office at
968-2743 or may view them at the Reference Desk in the Chapel
Hill Public Library (100 Library Drive).
Cablecast of Council Meetings: All Council meetings are
cablecast on Time Warner Cable of Chapel Hill Channel 18 at
7:00 p.m. and are rebroadcast at 9:00 a.m. the morning after
the night meeting. Generally, the meetings are also cablecast
on Durham Cable Vision Channel 8 at 1:00 p.m. on the Friday
following the Council meeting.
Chapel Hill Town Council Agenda
Monday, April 23, 2007
*Revised April 20, 2007
Town Council Regular Business Meeting
Public Forums and Hearings:
Public Forum: Bolin Creek Greenway Concept
Plan (Phase III) (Bill Webster, Parks and
Recreation Interim Director [Estimated Time: 20
Petitions by citizens and announcements by Council
members. [Estimated Time: 15 Minutes]
- Petitions by citizens on items not on the agenda.
- *Northside Community Watch regarding Police Presence in the Northside District.
- Petitions by citizens on items on the agenda.
- Announcements by Council members.
Consent agenda: action items (R-2).
(Any item may be removed for separate discussion at the next regular
business meeting.) [Estimated Time: 5 minutes]
- Minutes for January 17, 31, and February 19, 2007.
- Nominations to various boards and committees (R-3).
- Award of Bid for Financing of Vehicle Replacement
for the 2006-07 Fiscal Year (R-4).
Information items. (Any item may be removed for
separate discussion at the end of the Council meeting.)
- Submittal of Proposed Plans for Using Community Development
Grants. (Staff Presenter: Loryn Clark, Housing and Neighborhood
Services Coordinator) [Estimated Time: 15 minutes]
- Recommended 2007-2008 Community Development Program
- Recommended 2007-2008 HOME Program (R-6).
- Submittal of Annual Update to the 2005-2010 Housing
and Community Development Consolidated Plan (R-7).
- Follow-up report on Alternative Zoning Atlas Amendments for
the Northern Area (Staff Presenter: (Gordon Sutherland,
Principal Long Range Planner) [Estimated Time: 30 minutes]
Public Hearing: Application for the North Carolina
Botanical Garden Visitor Education Center - Special Use
Permit Application, Planned Development-Office and
Institutional. (Without objection, the Manager’s
Preliminary Report and any other materials submitted at the
hearing for consideration by the Council will be entered
into the record.) (Staff Presenter: Gene Poveromo,
Development Coordinator) [Estimated Time: 20 minutes]
- Continuation of a Public Hearing on a Special Use
Permit for the North Carolina Botanical Garden Visitor
- Swearing of persons wishing to present
- Introduction and recommendation by the
- Presentation of evidence by the applicant
- Presentation of evidence by citizens
- Comments and questions from the Mayor and
- Applicant statement regarding proposed
- Motion to adjourn hearing.
- Consideration of Resolutions to Approve a Special Use
Permit Application, Planned Development-Office and
Institutional for the North Carolina Botanical Garden Visitor
Education Center (R-8a , R-8b would deny ).
- Interim Report: Connectivity Improvement & Public Wireless Access
(Staff Presenter: Roger Stancil, Town Manager and Dr. Shannon Schelin, UNC School of Government)
[Estimated Time: 20 Minutes]
- Response to Chamber of Commerce Petition regarding Downtown Library Branch
(Staff Presenter: Roger Stancil, Town Manager) [Estimated Time: 20 minutes]
- Resolution Accepting Expansion of Policy to Encourage
Renewable Energy Planning and Rezoning Applications and
Accompanying Special Use Permits (Staff Presenter: J.B.
Culpepper, Planning Director) [Estimated Time: 15 minutes]
- 11.1 *Response to Petition from Transportation Department Employee Representatives and UE Local 150
(Reissued from February 26, 2007) (Staff Presenter: Steve Spade, Transportation Director and Flo Miller, Deputy Town Manager)
[Estimated Time: 15 Minutes]
Time: 5 minutes]
- Northern Area Task Force.
- By the Mayor and Council Members.
- By the Manager and Attorney.
Reserved for discussion of consent agenda items if
Request for closed session to discuss property
acquisition, personnel, and litigation matters.